Jewelco London takes great care to ensure you receive your jewellery in perfect condition.
In order to keep your jewellery looking as new please;
- Clean jewellery pieces regularly with a lint free polishing cloth to prevent tarnishing;
- Ask a professional jeweller to clean very dirty pieces;
- Store your jewellery in the gift boxes supplied;
- Enjoy wearing your jewellery, inspect it regularly, keep it clean and maintained, and it will last for years!
- Have a bath, shower or clean wearing your jewellery. Even gold and silver can develop a soapy film;
- Wear jewellery in a swimming pool or Jacuzzi. The chlorine in the water will erode the metal;
- Sleep or do physical activities including housework with your jewellery on! Metal and gemstones can react to the salts and acids in perspiration and cleaning agents;
- Wear your jewellery when spraying perfume or applying body lotions, hairspray etc. They will damage the metal and gemstones;
- Use harsh cleaners (hot solutions or abrasives) on jewellery;
- Store jewellery unprotected and jumbled together. The contact will damage the metal and stones;
- Leave jewellery on a wood surface. Woods frequently contain acids that react to the metal and cause discolouration and tarnish;
- Store jewellery in a damp environment. Moisture causes tarnish and corrosion;
- Leave jewellery in direct sunlight as this will cause jewellery to discolour;
- Wear plated jewellery all day every day as daily wear will erode the plating.